Monday, December 7, 2009

Drum Roll Please...

There are not words. None.
When I first had the idea of doing a free photos session contest as a chance to have people share their story, I was excited. I couldn't wait to see who people nominated and what they would share.
On Wednesday of last week I was starting to doubt myself as a photographer, but I was hoping at least one person would share part of their story. That would be fine. Even if it was just one person...
Five people bared their lives in such beautiful ways, I found tears forming in my eyes. Their stories were beautiful, brutal, honest, exposed and yet full of hope. I was blown away. People were so raw and the beauty in the sharing of their stories stirred up so much within me.
And then I realized...I'm supposed to choose a winner.
Each story was different. And quite honestly, there's no comparing stories. Every person's story is beautiful and unique. So...
They all win.
Yep, executive decision made.
So...Jana, you're parents will be signed up for a free photo shoot on my next trip to Louisville, as well as Jessica and her family. And Megan, that session you signed up for...it's free. And Mary Ellen, your pictures are being taken. And I couldn't be more honored, or more excited.
So ladies, thank you. Thank you for sharing your story. I cannot tell you how completely amazing it was to read each one and to think that you would share so honestly and so beautifully. Thank you for not backing away from the difficult, the painful and the challenge, but in facing it, finding the sacred, the beautiful...the life. Please keep sharing your stories. They need to be told. We need to hear them. And I'm honored that I got to read them and enter into those moments through your lens. Now I can't wait to put you guys in front of mine...

So...if you haven't already, head over to the discussion board on my facebook page and read the entries. And though the contest is over, if you're up for it, share your story. I read them all, probably at least three times. And I cannot tell you how much I love hearing more about your life.
And precious winners, we'll be in touch and be scheduling everything! I'm excited!

2 comments:

  1. your so giving! Big heart you have! the stories were great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... the stories were ALL great to read! Great idea Amy!

    ReplyDelete